Tuesday, July 5, 2011

In the Beginning.



 1 x roll of black and white film ,  a one man fashion team (photographer/stylist/hair and make up artist) who photographed me, and my father tagging along with me as a protector. My very first test shoot that started a decade+ long modelling career.......just the beginning.


At 15 years of age, I was scouted by a burly looking guy wearing leathers, a head scarf and tattooed, I think, from head to toe. His assistant introduced himself, told me they had been casting models all day, and "I ", lil ole me, just so happened to have the look they were after...... suffice to say, I didn't believe a word they said. I had been warned not to take such "compliments" from strangers, odd looking ones at that. However I did take down that photographers number . To this day I cant remember his name.....I wish I did. Because after 2 weeks, co-erced and assisted by a girlfriend from school, I got the courage to make the phone call. I had missed the modelling job they were obviously talking about, but he was kind enough to point me in the right direction. A berwilded mother and I were off to Dally's modelling agency the next day, and my very first test shoot was organised for that weekend. The head of Chadwicks Modelling agency Sydney was telephoned an interview was booked for the following week.My modelling career had began before I could say;  "Watch out Cindy Crawford!!! ".






                                                     Contact sheet_01 Macushla Burke 1991.