Friday, July 22, 2011

One of these kids is doing their own thing.


composite card (sometimes called a ZED) is a model’s business card. In most cases, your comp card is your one and only opportunity to make a good first impression. Most composite cards are printed in black and white or full colour, and are handed over to all prospective clients . 


As is the nature of things that tend to happen in my life, my "Comp Card" was....... a little more colourful.

 My 1993 comp card was printed for me by my uncles printing company. I'm not sure wether it was a happy accident, a pure stroke of genius or just the colour that was set in the machine at the time. But when I receive my 100 cards, they show up  RED and WHITE. I 'm really not too sure how to react to this, I have to get used to the idea, I guess...... 
So I wonder up to the agency,  bravely hand over my bundle of colourful business cards and  
my booker (the person who books my jobs)  places mine almost directly in the centre on the wall of pretty faces.
Oh boy, thank you uncle Norm for making me stand out.... ( I think to myself embarrassingly). 

And gee did I stand out! 
As fortune has it, this is a complete stroke of genius, thankyou Scanlan printing in Toowoomba and uncle Norm !! Apparently my card was chosen, first up, by all the clients out of  the great wall of talent.
Weeks later,  back at the agency,  a number of mysteriously similar coloured cards have sprouted up, like, little flowers amongst the sea of black and white faces. But not one of them could match the colour or printing quality of my very first composite card.

In this business, it pays to be a little bit colourful.



No comments:

Post a Comment