Monday, July 25, 2011

This is my "Time to Shine".

 Casting for Bianca Steffani was very interesting. There was a relatively long line of girls outside the building waiting for the client to arrive. Across the street were a couple sitting and watching us in their car. Thinking nothing of it, I chatted and shared ciggies with some of the other girls. Eventually after 20 min - half an hour, we we're ushered into the studio. At a large table sitting poised ready for "the judging" are the client Bianca, a hair/make up artist and photographer, Kenji Maeji.

At a casting each model is given time to show their portfolio of modeling images, hand over comp cards and have a brief discussion about what they have been up too, who they have been working for etc etc. If you have ever had a job interview, then castings are this very thing, however you can be cast for modeling jobs from one a week to 8 or so a day, sometimes even more. It can be a stressful experience and obviously very competitive. At most castings your interview "time to shine" is all over within 10 - 20 mins. If you're unlucky (or this case, very lucky) the interview can be over with in a spilt second.  At this particular casting as I enter the studio, Bianca expresses very openly, and I haven't even hit the table yet, "Oh, YOU already have the job! I did the casting whilst I was sitting outside in the car." "  

And I didn't even get to a chance to say" Hello my name is....." 






Bianca Steffani Campaign Spring/Summer 94'
Photography by Kenji Maeji

No comments:

Post a Comment